Specialized care for hand, wrist & elbow conditions.
Hand therapy is a sub-specialty discipline of either a Physical or Occupational Therapist in which they have had many years of clinical experience working exclusively with patients who have had hand or upper extremity conditions, injury, or surgery.
Some hand therapists become Certified Hand Therapists (CHT) by successfully completing an advanced skills examination.
Our hand therapists develop individualized treatment programs to decrease pain and restore range of motion, strength and function for the upper extremity. They provide specialized care from soon after an injury or surgery, up to returning people to work, sports or normal daily activities.
Our hand therapists provide many types of treatment such as:
- Ergonomics assessments
- Custom splint fabrication
- Joint protection techniques
- Wound and scar management
- Individualized home programs
- Reduction of swelling & edema
- Comprehensive post-surgical care
- Physical Capacity Evaluations (PCE)
- Desensitization & sensory re-education
- Work conditioning and work hardening programs
- Adaptive techniques and equipment to improve performance with daily activities and work duties>
Hand therapists specialize in treating upper extremity conditions such as:
- Trigger Finger
- Sports Injuries
- Burns & Frostbite
- Joint Replacement
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis & Golfer’s Elbow
- Tendon & Nerve Injuries
- Repetitive Motion Syndromes
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Upper Extremity Stroke Rehabilitation
Contact your health care provider to discuss a referral for physical therapy if you are having any of these issues. If your insurance does not require a physician referral, you may contact us directly. Call our Federal Way (253) 661-0041 or the Tukwila (206) 248-3080 office to schedule your initial evaluation.